Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So who will be the 3D Babe?

So far, Avatar remains the only movie shot in 3D. The revolution is here already, but only retroactively: every big-budget fantasy movie made in the last year (such as Alice in Wonderland) has been converted to 3D. The results are not impressive, and already there are people grumbling that 3D adds nothing, and just makes you wear annoying glasses.

The thing that will shut them up for good is the sight of a sexy actress in 3D. I was wondering who will get to be this actress, the Hollywood starlet that will forever be remembered as the 3D babe, the one who turned the world on to the new technology, the one who will do for 3D what Jean Harlow did for blond hair, Jane Russell did for cleavage and Ursula Andres did for the bikini. I'm ready now to place my bet. I'm guessing Iron Man 2 will be three dimensional, and I'm guessing furthermore that once the world gets a gander at Scarlett Johansson's curves in 3D, it will no longer be willing to settle for any less.

Retraction: I am told that Iron Man 2 will not be in 3D, so the race is still on. If I'm a director making a 3D movie right now, I'm casting Eva Mendes.


No comments:

Post a Comment